Updated: Mar 28, 2019
When it comes to the biggest fall holiday, a go-to for me has always been apples. Sometimes though, you may not want to make the standard apple pie--and just need a "little bite" of this seasonal favorite. These "Awesome Apple Bites" are a great way to get your apple fix. "You'll dance like a horse eatin' sweet hay."
Awesome Apple Bites
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
1-2 large apples, cut into 24 wedges
24-single canned biscuits or 2-sheets puff pastry cut same way
1-TBSP light brown sugar
1-TBSP maple syrup
1/8-tsp ground cloves
¼-tsp ground cardamom
¼-tsp ground ginger
2-tsp lemon or orange juice
12-caramel squares, cut in half
· Preheat oven to 375, line and spray a baking sheet.
· Place the apples, sugar, lemon juice, syrup, and spices in a bowl and toss to coat.
· On a floured surface roll out each biscuit flat and slightly bigger than a 3 inch circle.
· Place one slice apple and one half piece of caramel in middle of dough and bring sides up all the way around, pinch together and place seam side down on prepared baking sheet, repeat until all gone.
· Sprinkle tops with more cinnamon.
· Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
Tip: You can drizzle maple syrup over each one before serving, these are great with ice cream. You can also add cooked diced bacon in them too.