Updated: Mar 28, 2019
Fruit is the one thing that can be dressed up or dressed down. For my
"Layered Fruit Salad with Ginger Honey Cream" it's all dressed up and ready to party. From its bright vibrant colors to the ginger honey cream and the different textures, it is a party in yo mouth. Most people think fruit salads are only for summer or special occasions. Yes it may look like its ready for that special occasion, but children when its time to eat, its time to eat!
Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner it will make any meal the "State Fair winning Prize Hog."
Layered Fruit Salad with Ginger Honey Cream
Jason Smith, FNS
2-cups Blackberries, fresh
2-cups Blueberries, fresh
2-cups Red Raspberries, fresh
1-cup Strawberries, quartered
2-Mangos, peeled and diced
2-Small Green Apples, cored and diced
1-cup Pecans, chopped
1-Star Fruit or Kiwi, Sliced
1-Pomegranted, seeds removed
2-cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1-tsp Ground Ginger
1-TBSP Fresh Ginger, grated
2-tsp Lemon or Lime Juice
· Wash and prepare fruits.
· Place all fruit except the star fruit and pomegranate seeds in bowl and gently stir.
· Place the heavy cream in a mixing bowl with honey and whip until almost stiff peaks.
· Add the gingers, vanilla and lemon or lime juice and whip in and let come to stiff peaks.
· You can layer this in a trifle bowl or in jelly mason jars.
· Start with fruit then cream and so on.
· Use all the fruit and cream, making sure that the top layer in cream.
· Garnish with star fruit or kiwi and pomegranate seeds
Tip: Put the cream in a zip top bag and cut off corner and pipe the cream on the fruit layers.