"Loaf" around w/homemade Bread!!
Updated: Mar 25
Lord Honey, there ain't nothin' better than the aroma of fresh bread bakin' in the kitchen. When y'all bake my "Easy Loaf Bread" ever'one in the house will come runnin'--maybe even the neigbors from down the street--I can't make no promises. With this warnin'--y'all may have to bake extra loaves and leave 'em out on the porch--so ever'one can practice social distancin'. Lordy, Lordy--warm home-baked bread and a slather of butter- it don't get any better.
Easy Loaf Bread
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 1 loaf
1-cup hot water, 110°
2-TBSP white sugar, or honey
¼-cup veggie oil or melted butter
3-cups all-purpose flour, or bread flour
· Pour the hot water, sugar and yeast in a mixing bowl and stir to combine, let set for 10 mins, until yeast is foamy.
· Add the oil and salt and 1 cup flour, stir till flour is combined.
· Add another cup and stir, then add last cup and stir, the last cup will take time to stir in, you may have to finish mixing with hands.
· Once flour is combined, make into a ball and cover with a clean kitchen towel and place in the warmest spot you can find and let double in size.
· Spray or butter a loaf pan, remove dough ball and shape to pan making sure the seam is on bottom, cover with same kitchen towel and let rise just until almost doubled again.
· Preheat oven to 375°.
· Place in hot oven and bake for 25-30 mins or until medium brown, remove and let cool for 5 mins, take out of pan and let cool completely.
· Slice to desired thickness and use for sandwiches, grilled cheese or just a little butter.
TIP: You can sub the flour for GF flour or whole wheat flour as well.