National Peanut Butter Lovers Day
Lord Honey, two of my fave things is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and bread puddin' so why not have them together in the same dish. Well I have you covered. This is a great southern dessert or and after school snake for the kids.
My "PB&J Bread Puddin' " will please any crowd.
PB&J Bread Puddin’
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
20-slices white or wheat bread
2-cups smooth or crunchy peanut butter
2-cups strawberry jelly or any flavor
1-cup heavy whipping cream
½-cup white sugar
4-TBSP butter, melted
Powder sugar for garnish
· Preheat oven to 325, spray a 9x9 baking dish.
· Spread half the slices of bread with a thick layer of peanut butter, and the other half of the bread with the jelly, put together like a sandwich.
· Cut crust off, then cut each sandwich into 6 pieces.
· Place the tiny PBJ sandwiches on their edges in baking dish.
· In a bowl whisk together the cream, half&half, sugar, eggs, and vanilla till combined, pour over the bread and let stand for 5 mins.
· Place the baking pan into a larger pan and pour hot water around it and then place in oven.
· Bake for an hour or until custard is set.
· Dust with powder sugar.
Tip: You can use and nut butter and any jam or jelly.