Lord Honey, two of my fave things is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and bread puddin' so why not have them together in the same dish. Well I have you covered. This is a great southern dessert or and after school snake for the kids.
My "PB&J Bread Puddin' " will please any crowd.
PB&J Bread Puddin’
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
20-slices white or wheat bread
2-cups smooth or crunchy peanut butter
2-cups strawberry jelly or any flavor
1-cup heavy whipping cream
½-cup white sugar
4-TBSP butter, melted
Powder sugar for garnish
· Preheat oven to 325, spray a 9x9 baking dish.
· Spread half the slices of bread with a thick layer of peanut butter, and the other half of the bread with the jelly, put together like a sandwich.
· Cut crust off, then cut each sandwich into 6 pieces.
· Place the tiny PBJ sandwiches on their edges in baking dish.
· In a bowl whisk together the cream, half&half, sugar, eggs, and vanilla till combined, pour over the bread and let stand for 5 mins.
· Place the baking pan into a larger pan and pour hot water around it and then place in oven.
· Bake for an hour or until custard is set.
· Dust with powder sugar.
Tip: You can use and nut butter and any jam or jelly.