Updated: Mar 28, 2019
I love a good casserole, so that's why I developed this " Chicken Broccoli Casserole"
Growing up in the south a good casserole was a must. Whether it was for a social gathering or dinner on the ground at church or even a wedding reception. If you didn't know how to make a casserole you was pretty much the talk of the town, and not in a good way. I was taught by my mom and aunts how to make some of the best casseroles in town. Lord Honey I sure didn't want to be on the negative nancy list of topics.
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Jason Smith, FNS
4- Chicken Breast, Roasted or Poached, and Shredded
3- cups Broccoli, Froze or Fresh, Chopped
½-cup White or Yellow Onion, peeled and minced
1-15oz Can Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom
½-cup Milk or Half&Half
1 ½-cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1-Box Stuffing Mix any Flavor
1-2 cups Chicken Broth
4-TBSP Butter, Melted
· Preheat oven to 350, Spray a 9x13 baking dish.
· Place Shredded chicken in bottom of baking dish, salt and pepper to taste.
· In a mixing bowl place the soup, milk, onion and cheese, mix together.
· Add the broccoli and stir.
· Pour over chicken.
· Sprinkle the stuffing mix over top.
· Drizzle the chicken broth and butter over stuffing mix.
· Bake for 30-40 mins or until bubbly.