Sugar Cookies for Santa!
Updated: Dec 12, 2019
Lord Honey, I've got a sugar cookie for y'all that Santa will gobble down "quicker than Rudolph's nose can blink" With my "Santa-Approved Sugar Cookie" I can guarantee y'all that Santa will be a jolly old elf when he leaves your house.
Santa-Approved Sugar Cookies
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 2 dozen
1-cup butter, soft
1 ½-cup white sugar
2 ¼-cups All purpose flour
½-tsp baking powder
Sugar Mix (for rolling the cookie balls in)
½-cup white sugar
3-TBSP Lt brown sugar
Festive Holiday Sprinkles (optional)
· Preheat oven to 350°, line cookie sheets with parchment or silpats.
· In the bowl of a stand mixer place the butter and sugar and cream together.
· Add the egg and vanilla, mix to combine, scrape down sides of bowl.
· Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, add to mixer and stir in just until combined.
· Using a 2 ounce cookie scoop, form a dough ball and roll it in the sugar/sprinkle mix
· Bake on a cookie sheet for 8-10 mins no longer, remove and let cool on rack.
· Eat right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 2 weeks,
I doubt they will last that long.
Tip: You can choose any of your favorite sprinkles to use in this recipe