Updated: Apr 18, 2020
Lord Honey, rice is a staple dish of the South that can be enjoyed as a simple side or be the base of many savory or sweet dishes. Here is my "Simple Rice" recipe that will have y'all makin' fluffy, tender rice in the "shake of a tail."
Jason Smith, FNS
·Add water to a medium saucepan; place on cook top and bring to boil.
· Add the butter and salt and let butter melt, bring back to boil, add the rice and stir.
· Cover the pot with a lid and allow to simmer, check a few times to make sure its not boiling.
· Let simmer for 17-25 mins, no longer.
· When water has cooked out, take off the burner and let stand with lid on for 5 mins.
· Remove lid and fluff with fork.
Tip: Don’t let it boil once you put the rice in, or you will have tough rice.