Updated: Mar 25, 2020
Lord Honey, as if bacon ain't already scrumptious enough, just wait til y'all coat it with bourbon & brown sugar--and give it a round trip in a hot oven. Honey Child, I can't guarantee y'all won't need a trip to the eye doctor to get your eyes out of the back of your head.
Sweet Boozy Bacon Bites
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
½-cup brown sugar
1-tsp onion powder
1-tsp garlic powder
1 ½-black pepper
· Preheat oven to 350°, line a baking sheet with foil, place baking rack on top of foil.
· Place bacon in a bowl and pour bourbon over, toss to coat, let stand for 1 hour.
· In a small bowl mix the sugar and spices.
· Lay bacon strips out on backing rack.
· Coat each slice of bacon with an equal amount of the sugar mixture.
· Bake for 25-30 mins, until crispy--keep checking to see if you need to turn the bacon.
Tip: If you’d like it a little heat, add 1-tsp cayenne pepper to sugar mix.