Updated: Aug 24
Lord Honey, nothin' says Fall like a good ol' punkin' roll. But so many folks just won't make 'em cause they think it's too hard. Well, that's another lesson--so for now, I've made it easy for y'all to enjoy all the flavors of one of my fall faves, without all the worry and fuss. Enjoy my "Punkin' Roll Bar" recipe with your friends and family as you take in all the beauty the fall season has to offer.
Punkin' Roll Bar
Jason Smith, FNS
6-TBSP butter, melted
1 ½-cups white sugar
1-(15oz) can pureed pumpkin
3-tsp pumpkin pie spice
2-cups self-rising flour
1-(8oz) block cream cheese, room temp
¼-cup white or brown sugar
· Preheat oven to 350°, spray a 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan.
· In a mixing bowl, place the butter, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, water and pumpkin pie spice; mix until well combined.
· Stir in the flour, just until mixed in.
· In a separate bowl, place the filling ingredients and mix until well combined.
· Pour half the pumpkin batter into bottom of prepared baking pan, spread out evenly, spread filling mixture over batter, swirl the remaining batter through the filling layer.
· Place in oven and bake for 35-40 mins, or until there is no jiggle in middle.
· Remove and let cool, cut and serve.
Tip: You can drizzle with caramel sauce.