Autumn French Toast
Lord Honey, how can an all-time breakfast favorite get any better--Well let me tell y'all. By addin' the wonderful, warm flavors of Fall. My "Country Bling Autumn French Toast" takes French toast outta this world, and will take your taste buds along for the ride.
Country Bling Autumn French Toast
Jason Smith, FNS
6-slices sourdough bread
¼-cup half & half
3-tsp brown sugar
2-tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼-cup brown sugar
½-cup chopped pecans
· In a shallow mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the half & half, vanilla, brown sugar, pie spice and salt.
· Place a medium skillet on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet, dip 2 slices of bread into the egg mixture, making sure to coat each side, place in skillet and brown both sides.
· Remove and place on serving platter, repeat bread dipping and frying until all gone.
· Topping: using the same skillet, add the butter and brown sugar, cook until bubbly, add the bourbon and chopped pecans, stir and cook for 2 mins.
· Pour over french toast.
· Serve with fresh whipped cream.