Updated: Mar 28, 2019
Just when you think you have had every type of hot wing known to man, I offer y'all one that soon will not be forgotten. Yes that's right Children I present to you "Drunkin' Smokin' Wings." From the first bite to the last you want be able to put them down. You will forget all about what's playing on TV or even who is in the room with you. It will be that silent moment of joy and gladness. Growing up we had lots of chicken wings but they where just fried, none of this buffalo stuff, we all fought over who was gonna get the wings. Wings are my favorite part of the chicken, Because there is so so much you can do with them, from frying, baking, braising, even grilling. I hope y'all will truly enjoy these wings from there woody under tone of bourbon, spicy rub and crunchy skin.
"Sing like the frogs on a summers night" when y'all eat them.
Drunkin’ Smokin’ Wings
Jason Smith, FNS
2 Pounds Chicken Wing Segments
½-cup Liquid from Pickled Mild Banana Peppers
1-Quart Oil, for frying
2-tsp Onion Powder
1-tsp Garlic Powder
1-tsp Celery Salt
2-tsp Sea Food Seasoning
1-tsp Rubbed Sage
1-TBSP Chili Powder
½-tsp Hollywood Hot Shaker Seasoning or Cayenne Pepper
½-tsp Ground White Pepper
¼-cup Bourbon (optional)
¾-cup Hot Sauce
3-tsp Liquid Hickory Smoke
· Place wings in a bowl that has a lid on it.
· Pour the pepper liquid over wings and toss.
· Mix together the dry rub and sprinkle all over wings, toss to coat.
· Place in fridge and let set for 2 hours or over night.
· Pour oil on deep pan and heat to 365.
· Remove wings from fridge and fry in batches of 6-7 at a time, cooking them 6-7 or until temp of 165 is reached, and are dark brown.
· Place on paper towel to drain.
· Make the sauce while frying the wings, by placing all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pot on low heat and cook until butter is melted. Then raise to medium heat and cook for 10-12 mins. Remove and toss all the fried wings in sauce.
Serving Suggestions: Bacon Blue Cheese dressing, Buttermilk Ranch, Celery sticks, Carrot sticks.
Tip: When working with bourbon make sure to never pour it directly into a pot on the store, it can catch fire and hurt ya. Don’t like wings you can make this with chicken strips cut into chunks.