Lord Honey, Football season has arrived again, but that means it's that time of year we all love-----Thats right " Tailgate Season". I love all the food that we think of during football season, but I wanted to take my two faves and make something new, I took an outstanding sausage dip, placed that between two crispy, crunchy, buttery sheets of puff pastry and TOUCH DOWN!!!!! It will be your next go to for all your tailgate parties.
Sausage Dip Puffs
Chef Jason Smith
2 sheets premade froze puff pastry, thawed
1 pound breakfast sausage
8 oz cream cheese, super soft
1 small can diced chilies
1 jar pimentos, drained
½-tsp garlic powder
½-tsp onion powder
Pinch red pepper flakes
2-cups shredded cheddar cheese
3-TBSP butter, melted
½-cup minced fresh parsley
½-tsp ground black pepper
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray a 9x13 baking dish, set aside.
· Brown and scramble the sausage, drain fat off, add the cream cheese and mix till incorporated.
· Add chilies, pimentos, and spices, stir.
· Lay one sheet pastry into bottom of prepared baking dish.
· Spread sausage mixture over pastry, sprinkle with cheese.
· Top with second layer of puff pastry, poke holes in top with a fork.
· Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
· Remove from oven and brush with melted butter, sprinkle with chopped parsley and black pepper.
· Cut into 12 squares. Place in airtight container and head off to the tailgate party.