Cheese & Bacon Say What!!!
Lord Honey!!! These two was made to be together in anything and everything.
The world may just stand still for a second when you bite into these
"Cheesy Bacon Hand Pies," warm, flaky pastry, filled with crisp, smoky bacon and gooey cheese.
Remember, pies ain't just for dessert--and this savory hand-held delight will make you
"as happy as a kitten with a new pair of mittens."
Cheesy Bacon Hand Pie
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
1-sheet puff pastry, thawed
4 ounces white or yellow cheddar, shredded
4-strip bacon, diced and cooked crispy
¼-cup balsamic vinegar
· Preheat oven to 400, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
· Place the pastry flat and cut into 4 squares.
· Divide the bacon and cheese between the four squares placing it in the middle.
· Fold the pastry over to make a triangle.
· Use a fork to seal.
· Then fold 2 of the 3 points under.
· Place on baking sheet and bake for 20-5 mins or until medium brown.
· In a small bowl mix the vinegar and honey.
· Remove hand pies from oven and let cool for 10-15 mins.
· Place on serving plate and drizzle with vinegar honey mix.
Tip: If you’d like you can add pecans or dried fruit to bacon cheese mix.