Can we eat cookies for breakfast??? Well now we all know growing up that we would have never had cookies for breakfast or any sweet treat. The answer to the question is yes we can eat cookies for breakfast. This time of year is so so busy with lots going on and we all are on the fast trek of either working in the gardens, the yard or going to the pool. So lets start the day off right with my "Cookies For Breakfast" and get started with the right (or left) foot on the go. I don't want to say this too loud but these cookies are even healthy for ya. "Lord Honey children they are so good you'll have to fight the dogs off of them." They are chewy, little sweet, nutty and fruity.
Cookies For Breakfast
Jason Smith, FNS
1-cup Quick Cook Oat Meal
2-TBSP Peanut Butter
¼-cup Chocolate Chips ( Optional )
¼-cup Almonds, Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
Pinch of Salt
· Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment
· In a bowl combine the banana’s, oats, cinnamon, vanilla and salt, mix till combined.
· Add the peanut butter and honey, stir in.
· Pour the nuts and chocolate chips in, fold in.
· Using a 2 ounce cookie scoop, place 6 dough balls on baking sheet, flatten slightly with a spoon that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
· Bake for 12 mins.
· Repeat till all dough is gone.
Tip: If you don’t want to add the peanut butter, or the nuts or chocolate chips you can leave them out.