Updated: Feb 8, 2021
Lord Honey, a tasty warm soup is one of my go-to comfort foods, especially durin' cold weather months. But let me tell y'all this soup is so yummy, y'all are gonna wanna make it all year long.
Rustic Ravioli Soup
Jason Smith, FNS
2-TBSP Olive Oil
1 lb—Italian Sausage
2-cups diced fresh mushrooms
1-tsp onion powder
½ -tsp garlic powder
1-TBSP dried basil
1-tsp dried oregano
¼-tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1-tsp black pepper
1-quart of tomato juice
1-can Italian cut green beans—drained
1 lb-cheese stuffed ravioli---frozen or fresh
Garnish---shaved or grated parmesan cheese
· Place a large Dutch oven on medium heat, add olive oil, onions, and sausage—cook until onions are translucent and sausage is crumbled well.
· Add minced garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 mins.
· Sprinkle in the spices and seasonings and cook for 2 mins.
· Add tomato juice, water, honey and green beans—stir
· Place a lid on Dutch oven and allow to simmer for 30 mins.
· Remove lid—add ravioli and cook until ravioli is tender, but still has a bite (al dente)
· Ladle into bowls and garnish with shaved or grated parmesan cheese
Tip: make sure you do not overcook your pasta or it will become too mushy.