Updated: Mar 28, 2019
When its time for the big game or just a quick meal, these "Easy Pizza Snackers" will never disappoint. I am a huge lover of pizza but like to change it up from time to time and with this recipe you can do that. Your guest and family will talk about this for days, weeks even months. Don't hesitate make them quick as you can and enjoy!!!
They are a "Pig skin Touch Down!!! "
Easy Pizza Snackers
Jason Smith, FNS
1-Can Premade Pizza Crust
1-Pack Pepperoni, Sliced
14-Slices Mozzarella Cheese
1-TBSP Italian Seasoning
1-tsp Garlic Powder
1-Jar Pizza Sauce
· Place a 11x17 piece of parchment paper on counter and dust with corn meal.
· Put the dough on top of corn meal and roll out to 9x13 or just a tad bigger.
· Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and garlic powder over crust.
· Lay 7 slices of cheese on to dough.
· Cover the cheese with pepperoni.
· Place 7 more slices cheese over pepperoni.
· Roll up from small end to small end.
· It will look like a pinwheel.
· Wrap in parchment and place in freezer for 20 mins.
· Preheat waffle iron, and spray good.
· Remove dough from freezer and slice into 20 pieces about 1/2in thick.
· Place 3-4 slices on waffle iron about 2-3 inches apart.
· Close lid and cook for 5 mins.
· Serve with warmed pizza sauce.
Tip: These can also be baked in the oven at 350 on a lined and sprayed cookie sheet for 6-8 mins or until golden brown. You can make then with browned & scrambled sausage as well.