I am gonna start by saying that I know very little about sports. I watch but, most time I ain't sure of what's going on, except when points are made.....LOL Although I can tell ya what food goes great when watching sports or just having a get together.
My "Game Changing Onion Bacon Dip" is a must have. Whether its for the big game or just a game night amongst friends and family. The smooth and cooling sour cream to the bold onion flavor and the bacon crunch you will be hooked with the first bite. It will be a field goal, or slam dunk with everyone. "It will make ya smile like a Goat."
Game Changing Onion Bacon Dip
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 4 cups
4-6 Strips Bacon
2-3 Medium Onions, diced
1-16oz Container Sour Cream
4oz Whipped Cream Cheese
3-tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2-tsp Onion Powder
¼-tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 – Green Onion, minced for Serving
Plain Chips, Tortilla Chips, Celery Sticks, Carrot Sticks, and Sliced Bell Peppers for Serving
· Place the bacon in skillet cook and crumble, Drain on paper towel, leave grease in pan.
· Add the diced onions to bacon grease sprinkle with the black pepper, cook for 3-4 mins, turn heat to low and cook until tender.
· Remove onions and let cool.
· In a mixing bowl place the sour cream, cream cheese, Worcestershire, onion powder, salt, and cayenne, whisk together.
· Mix in the cooled onions and ¾ of the cooked bacon.
· Place in a air tight container and chill for 2 hours or over night.
· Pour into serving dish, sprinkle with green onions and rest of bacon.
Tip: Using the onion powder when using fresh onion just amps up the onion flavor. This dip also makes a great burger topping.