Updated: Mar 28, 2019
We all know that once everyone gets packed in the house watching football, parades and visiting, they may become a little hangry waiting for the meal to begin. So always have an appetizer or two sitting around, just to keep everyone in check. This ain't the day for no one to be grouchy!!!! Make sure to have these little jewels, cause they are a real crowd pleaser.
"Grape Gems" are easy and Oh, so tasty; you just can't stop eating them. You can even use them in salads or on fruit and cheese plates.
"They will make y'all as happy as a goat eating' tree bark."
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
2 pounds red or green grapes
16 ounces cream cheese
8 ounce goat cheese
½-tsp ground ginger
· Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
· Put the pecans, honey, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a bowl and toss to coat, spread out on baking sheet and roast for 10-12 mins, stirring often to keep from burning.
· Remove nuts and place in food processor and pulse till really fine, spread out onto a plate.
· Wash and dry grapes, make sure they are super dry.
· Take cheeses from fridge and mix together with hands.
· Take a nickel size piece of cheese and wrap it around grape, rolling in palms like a ball.
· Roll grape balls in nuts and place in a airtight container.
· Place in fridge for at least 2 hours to let set.
Tip: If the grapes are not good and dry the cheese want stick. You can also sub out the pecans for cashews, walnuts even almonds.