Updated: Apr 1, 2020
What happens when a Kentucky mule goes to the tropics? Well, I can tell y'all it's one of the best summer-time drinks you'll ever taste. I've taken the flavors of a traditional Kentucky mule cocktail and given it a tropical twist with pineapple and mango juices. It's so good y'all wanna have brunch ever' day, just to have an excuse to drink it early.
Ky Tropical Mule
Jason Smith, FNS
8 ounce pineapple juice
4 ounce bourbon
3 ounce mango juice
1 ounce lime juice
1-bottle ginger beer
Fresh pineapple and maraschino cherries for garnish.
· Place a few ice cubes in a mason jar with a lid.
· Pour the pineapple juice, bourbon, mango juice, and lime juice in jar, place lid on and shack a few times.
· Fill 2 mule glasses with ice.
· Divide the pineapple mix between the glasses and top with ginger beer.
· Garnish with fresh pineapple and cherries, and enjoy on a hot summer day.
Tip: You can use all pineapple juice if you wish.