Loafing With Muffins
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
When craving blueberry muffins but want banana bread too, I've got ya covered with my "Blueberry Banana Muffin Bread." Blueberry muffins is always a must for any breakfast or brunch buffet, but so is banana bread. I have combined them into one recipe to save time and boost the flavors of both. Its a great breakfast on the go or just have a slice with a cup of coffee on the porch watching the wild life. Many days on the farm we need a quick breakfast before we get the day started and this always delivers.
" Make you happy as a fox on a spring morning."
Blueberry Banana Muffin Bread
Jason Smith, FNS
Makes 1 Loaf
1-cup White Sugar + 1-TBSP for Topping
½-cup Olive or Veggie Oil
3- Bananas, peeled
1-tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 ½-cup Self Rising Flour
2-cups Fresh Blueberries
· Preheat oven to 350, spray and line a bread loaf pan.
· Put the sugar, oil, and banana in mixing bowl, blend together.
· Add the eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon, stir to combine.
· Sift in the flour and mix till just combined.
· In a small bowl place 1 ½ cups of blueberries and smash lightly with the back of a spoon.
· Mix the blueberries into the batter.
· Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
· Dot the rest of the whole blueberries on top.
· Sprinkle 1-TBSP sugar over top.
· Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in middle comes out clean.
· Remove and let cool for 5-10 mins before taking out of pan.
Serving Suggestions: Butter, Maple Syrup, or even Molasses. This bread makes awesome French toast.
Tip: When making bread or cake with fresh berries always mash them to release there juice so it don’t make them bitter after baking. Also if you are watching your sugar in take you can sub the white sugar for Splenda or Truvia they measure one for one.