Championship 7-Minute Frostin'
Updated: Apr 24
Lord Honey, I call this my "Championship 7-Minute Frostin" because it's literally the icin' on the cake that I used to win the finale of Holiday Baking Championship--Season 3. Honey child, trust me--y'all will always have the winnin' dessert, when ya slather it with this decadent fluffy frostin'
Championship 7-Minute Frostin’
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 4-5 cups
¾-cup plus 2-TBSP white sugar
1-TBSP light corn syrup
½-tsp cream of tartar
· Pour the ¾-cup sugar, corn syrup and water in sauce pan, stir until sugar is dissolved, bring to a boil over medium heat, once boiling don’t stir, boil for 5 mins, or until it reads 230° on a candy thermometer.
· Meanwhile place the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in mixing bowl and turn mixer on high, you want this to come to medium peaks, this takes about 2 mins, then add the 2-TBSP sugar and vanilla l,and whip till stiff peaks, about another min.
· With mixer on low, stream in the hot syrup into the stiff egg whites.
· Once all the syrup is in, turn mixer to high and beat for 7 mins, or until frostin’ is cooled.
· Place in a piping bag or a gallon zip-top bag.
· Use on any cake or to top pies.
Tip: If you’d like to make this lemon add zest from one lemon with the vanilla.