Lord Honey, ain't nothin' better than fresh, summer-time peaches. Unless of course you whip 'em up into a true southern classic---peach cobbler. I just know y'all are gonna love my twist on every southerners favorite dessert--individual cobblers in another southern classic--the mason jar.
Summer Peach Cobbler Jars
Chef Jason Smith
1 yellow cake mix
1/2-pound fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
2 limes, juiced and zested
2 TBSP bourbon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 sleeve cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
4 cups fresh whipped cream
12-pint mason jars
· Preheat oven to 350, set jars on baking sheet.
· Mix the cake according to box and divided between the jars.
· Place in oven and bake until done, remove and poke holes in each cake with the handle of wood spoon, let cool.
· In a mixing bowl, place the peaches, lime juice, half the zest, bourbon, vanilla, and brown sugar, stir to combine.
· Ladle peaches over the cakes evenly, sprinkle with crushed graham crackers, spoon the heavy cream over crackers and sprinkle with rest of the lime zest, place jar tops back on and let stand in fridge until ready to serve.