A Chicken walks into a bar...becue
Updated: Jul 9, 2019
Lord Honey, grilled chicken is a summer-time tradition, but just wait 'til you give it a good slatherin' with my sweet 'n spicy beer-moppin' sauce. Let me tell y'all, your guests will be askin' you to put that sauce in a mug.
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
8-boneless, skinless chicken breast
2-tsp onion powder
2-tsp black pepper
2-tsp smoked paprika
2-TBSP olive oil
1-bottle dark stout beer or any fave beer
¼-tsp garlic powder
½-tsp cayenne pepper
½-tsp onion powder
1-tsp smoked paprika
1 ½-tsp chili powder
Juice from ½ lemon
½-cup dark stout beer
· In a large bowl that has a lid, mix the brine ingredients and place chicken in brine and toss to coat, put lid on bowl and let stand in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
· Make mop sauce by stirring together all ingredients except the beer just until combined, then add the beer and stir, place in a container with lid and let set in fridge until ready to grill.
· Heat grill to medium high, Place chicken on grill and cook 3-5 mins , when chicken is flipped for the first time, start mopping with sauce.
· Turn grill to low and flip chicken 3-4 more times mopping in between each flip. You should only have chicken on grill for total of 20-25 mins, it all depends on the thickness of the chicken. You want to cook chicken until internal temp is 160.
· Take chicken off grill place on platter and tent with foil, let stand for 5 mins before serving.
Tip: This recipe works great with pork chops as well.