Lord Honey, here in Kentucky, we have a special cheese that makes everything it touches better---we call it Beer Cheese. Just the name lets ya know it's gotta be great--I mean, beer 'n cheese--need I say more.
I've put a twist on the traditional hash-brown bake by givin' it a beer cheese spin.
Hash-Brown Beer-Cheese Bake
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
2-cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1-cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 ½-tsp onion powder
½-tsp garlic powder
½-tsp cayenne pepper
½-tsp white or black pepper
1 ½- tsp salt
½-3/4 cup light beer
1 pound package shredded hash browns
1-red bell pepper, diced
1-medium onion, diced
· Preheat oven to 350, spray a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
· In the bowl of a food processor place the cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, white and cayenne pepper, salt and beer, pulse until creamy and combined.
· In a mixing bowl place the hash brown, red pepper, and onions, add the cheese sauce and mix till combine.
· Pour into the prepared baking dish and smooth out to make an even layer.
· Cover with a piece of foil and bake for 25 mins.
· Remove the foil and bake for another 25 mins, or until bubbly and slightly turning brown around edges.
Tip: You can use bourbon in place of the beer, but if using bourbon cut amount in half.