A New Swirl on Pecan Pie
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
Pecan pie is a tried and true recipe, But Honey Sugar Pie, it's time to change it up a bit.
I took my trusty pecan pie recipe and added a cream cheese swirl to it. My dad loves pecan pie, but I'm giving him a little surprise with it this year.
"Cheesy-Pecan Swirl Pie" will be a dream come true when you eat it. You may even want to eat dessert first, and enjoy this crunchy, sweet, sticky, creamy dessert.
"I guarantee you'll do the turkey shuffle while eating it."
Cheesy-Pecan Swirl Pie
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
4 ounces cream cheese, room temp
2-TBSP sour cream
1 recipe for Country Bling Pie Crust
½-cup brown sugar
¼-cup light corn syrup
4-TBSP butter, melted
¼-cup heavy whopping cream
1-cup pecans, chopped
Pinch of salt
· Preheat oven to 350, place the dough into a deep dish pie plate, crimp or make fancy edges.
· In a mixing bowl place the first 5 ingredients and mix up, spread into bottom of pie shell.
· In the same mixing bowl put the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, cream, vanilla and salt and mix up, stir in the pecans.
· Dollop the pecan mix over cream cheese mix and swirl with a spoon or knife.
· Place pie onto a baking sheet and tent with foil.
· Bake for 40 mins, remove tent and finish baking about another 10 mins or until crust and top is golden brown, the middle will be slightly jiggly.
· Remove and let cool, place in fridge for 2 hours or over night.
Tips: Ifin' you don’t like pecans this can be made with walnuts, or even cashews.