A wee bit o' Sheperd's Pie!!
Updated: Mar 25, 2020
Lord Honey, have yer'self a "Wee Bite 'o Sheperd's Pie" prepared as an appetizer that turns the traditional, hearty dish into a hand-held treat for your hungry crowd.
Wee Bite 'o Shepard Pie
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Servings: 32 individual bites
1 lb—ground beef
½ tsp—black pepper
1 tsp—dried parsley
1 tsp—ground Rosemary
2 tsp—onion powder
1 tsp—garlic powder
1—medium onion, diced
2—medium carrots, peeled and diced
1 1/3 c—beef broth
4—tubes of crescent rolls
· Preheat Oven to 450°
· Place iron skillet over medium heat, add oil.
· Add ground beef, brown and scramble.
· Add spices to ground beef, mix.
· Add flour, onions, and carrots to ground beef mixture, stir to combine.
· Add beef broth and peas, stir until liquid is the consistency of a thick gravy.
· Remove from heat.
· Open crescent rolls and separate into individual crescents.
· Place one tater tot at the large end of the crescent roll.
· Spoon 2 tsps of the beef mixture next to the tater tot.
· Roll the crescent roll like normal, keeping the edges closed.
· Place on a lined or greased baking sheet, bake for 18—20 minutes or until golden brown.
If you have filling left over--you can make more crescents or freeze for later use.
Tip: You can serve this appetizer portion with your favorite brown gravy as a dipping sauce—YUM!