Lord Honey, this "Plentiful Pasta Bowl" is as tasty as it is pretty. Bowtie pasta, bejeweled with dried cranberries, green peppers, purple onions, diced bacon and chopped pecans make the perfect pasta salad when it is tossed in a warm, tangy bacon-grease dressin'. Be ready for a repeat performance--because I'm tellin' ya, it's gonna be a seasonal fave.
Plentiful Pasta Bowl
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
2-cups dried bow tie pasta, cooked according to box, drained
2-cups bacon diced
1-small to medium purple onion, minced
1-green bell pepper, diced
1-TBSP brown mustard
¼-cup apple cider vinegar
A good pinch of red pepper flakes
½-cup dried cranberries
1-cup pecans, chopped
· Place bacon in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until crispy, remove bacon and add the onion and cook for 4-5 mins.
· Add the mustard, honey, vinegar and stir to combine.
· Pour the pasta in skillet and toss to coat.
· Remove from heat and stir in the red pepper flakes, bell pepper and cranberries.
· Spoon into serving bowl and top with the pecans and cooked bacon.
Tip: You can add grilled chicken to this for a one dish meal.