A combination of simple ingredients with an old spud can really be a treat for your taste buds.
Herb Lovin’ Tators
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
6-strips bacon, diced
½-cup butter, melted
1-tsp ground rosemary
1-tsp onion powder
½-tsp black pepper
½-tsp garlic powder
1/2-cup grated parmesan cheese
¼-cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
· Preheat oven to 400.
· In a non stick, oven safe skillet place the bacon and cook until crispy, drain and leave grease in pan.
· In a small bowl place the butter, rosemary, thyme, onion powder, salt, pepper and garlic, stir to combine.
· Wash and slice the tators very thin.
· Place a layer of the tators in bottom of skillet and drizzle with butter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
· Keep layering until all is gone.
· Cover with foil and bake for 35 mins.
· Remove foil and sprinkle the mozz cheese and bacon on top, return to oven, bake for 15 mins.
Tip: This can be made with sweet tators as well. I serve mine with pesto and sour cream mixed together.