Updated: Mar 25, 2020
Lord Honey, makin' prep and clean-up a breeze is what these little foil pouches are all about. Y'all can prep these ahead of time, and keep them in the fridge until you're ready to cook--or pop them in an iced-cooler to be campsite-ready. Make your get-togethers easier and more enjoyable by cuttin' down on the time in the kitchen or over the grill with my "Happy Camper Foil Pack Dinners"
Happy Camper Foil Pack Dinners
Jason Smith, FNS
Makes 4 packets
16-small to medium red skin taters, washed and cut in half
4-ears of corn
2-red, orange or yellow bell peppers
3-medium onions, peeled and sliced
2-packs smoked sausage links, cut into 16 pieces
1-pack dry Italian seasoning
· Preheat grill to 400.
· Cut 4 pieces of foil into 16-24 inch pieces, lay out all 4 on counter.
· Divide the veggies and sausage between each.
· Top each pack with 2 TBSP butter.
· Sprinkle the seasoning over each pile.
· Close packs by bringing up the 2 short ends till they meet and roll down, then bring the end back onto the top.
· Place on grill and cook for 35-40 or until taters are tender.
Tip: You can use a variety of veggies and meats in these packs if you wish--just keep an eye on varying cook times for different meats.