Lord Honey, if y'all like a little more bite than ranch has--I've got just the thing for you. My "Bacon & Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs" gives y'all the perfect bite--a creamy deviled egg with the crunch & salty/savory of bacon, and the zing that only blue cheese has. If y'all like blue cheese--you're gonna love this little mouthful--and if you don't like it--well, you don't know what your missin'.
Bacon & Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
1 dozen hard-boiled eggs
2 Tbsp--Dijon mustard
½ tsp—garlic powder
1 tsp—onion powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tsp--Bacon grease
½ lb bacon, cubed and fried crispy
Blue cheese crumbles
3—green onions minced
· Hard boil 1 dozen eggs.
· Peel eggs and cut in half length-wise.
· Place egg white halves into serving dish.
· Place egg yolks into bowl of food processor.
· Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, bacon grease and sugar to food processor and pulse until blended and smooth.
· Place egg yolk mixture into a quart-sized zip-top bag, zip shut and cut bottom corner of bag—to create a small opening.
· Squeeze mixture in bag, and pipe the filling into empty white egg halves
· Top each deviled egg with blue cheese crumbles, bacon pieces and green onions.
Tip: If you do not want to use blue cheese you can use a cheese that crumbles easily, such as feta or goat cheese.