Can y'all say YUM!
Updated: Dec 12, 2019
Lord Honey, this cookie just thanked me for givin' it two of my favorite things--bacon and bourbon. Y'all will thank me too, after you try my Bacon Sugar Cookies w/ a sweet bourbon glaze. Y'all are welcome by the way.
Bacon Sugar Cookies with Bourbon Glaze
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 2 dozen
1-cup butter, soft
1 ½-cup white sugar
2 ¼-cups All-purpose flour
½-tsp baking powder
½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
½-cup smoked bourbon sugar or demerara sugar (for rolling the cookie dough balls in)
2 1/2-cups powder sugar
· Preheat oven to 350°, line baking sheets with parchment or silpats.
· In the bowl of a stand mixer place the butter and sugar and cream together.
· Add the egg and vanilla, mix to combine, scrape down sides of bowl.
· Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, add to mixer and stir in just until combined.
· Fold in all the bacon except ¼-cup to put on tops of cookies.
· Using a 2 ounce cookie scoop, form a dough ball and roll in the bourbon sugar
· Place on baking sheet and top each dough ball with a few crumbles of bacon
· Bake for 8-10 mins no longer, remove and let cool on rack.
· Mix up the bourbon glaze and drizzle the cookies when cooled.
· Let stand at room temp until glaze dries.
· Eat right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
· Tip: You can also add chopped pecans, white chocolate chips even dried cherries if you wish