Lord Honey, Whats the 2 fav things southerners love? Bacon and Pecan Pie, so why not put them together in a new treat I call "Bacon Pecan Pie Bars" or as I like to say a Nutty Porky Toe Tappin' good bite. I showed this one on WSAZ Studio 3.
Bacon Pecan Pie Bars
Jason Smith, FNS
Makes 12 bars
1-white or yellow cake mix
1-stick butter, room temp
6-8 strips bacon, cubed, cooked and cooled
3/4-cup brown sugar
1/4-cup white corn syrup
3-TBSP butter, melted
1-cup pecans, chopped
* Preheat oven to 350, spray a 9x13 cake pan.
* In a mixing bowl place the cookie layer ingredients and mix till combined, press into the prepared pie pan.
* In same mixing bowl place the fillin ingredients except the nuts and bacon and mix together, fold in the nuts and bacon, pour over cookie layer.
* Place in oven and bake for 30-40 mins or until it is light brown around edges and still has a little wiggle in center.
* Remove and let cool for 30 mins before cutting.