Lord Honey, no matter what the occasion--my "BBQ Meatball Bites" will have y'all covered when it comes to a tasty one-bite appetizer. Whether y'all are hosting a Super Bowl party, tailgating, or hostin' game night--I guarantee ever'one will be competin' to get a hold of these scrumptious li'l morsels.
BBQ Meatball Bites
Chef Jason Smith
1 pack frozen puff pastry
1 (32 oz) bag frozen meatballs
2 cups barbecue sauce, your choice
1 TBSP prepared yellow mustard
3 TBSP bourbon
2 TBSP honey
2 tsp chili powder
· Preheat oven to 400°, spray a 9x13 baking dish.
· Lay out the puff pastry on a piece of parchment paper to thaw.
· In a small bowl, place the BBQ sauce, mustard, bourbon, honey and chili powder; whisk, and pour prepared baking dish; spread out evenly.
· Cut the puff pastry into 1 inch strips, then cut strips into thirds.
· Take a piece of pastry and wrap around each meatball, place meatballs side by side into sauce, letting the dough wrapped meatballs touch.
· Place in oven and bake for 30 mins or until golden brown and sauce is bubbly.