Lord Honey, my "Beefy Bacon & Bourbon Burgers" have a bounty of robust flavors mixed right into the meat. Grill these flavorful burgers to perfection and enjoy with your favorite toppins.
Beefy Bacon & Bourbon Burgers
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
¼-cup bourbon or beer
1-TBSP soy sauce
2-TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1-cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½-cup minced onion
½-jalapeno, minced fine
2-tsp garlic powder
2-tsp paprika (sweet or smoked)
2-tsp dried basil
1-tsp ground black pepper
1-pound 80/20 ground chuck
8-strips bacon, minced and cooked
Your favorite burger toppings
Sliced red onion
Mayo, Mustard, Ketchup, Steak Sauce
· In a large bowl, combine everything except the ground chuck, buns and toppings; Mix until combined.
· Add ground chuck and mix with a light hand until thoroughly mixed. Shape into 4--¾" thick patties, making sure to divide evenly.
· Heat grill to 400°, Moisten paper towel with cooking oil. Using long handled tongs, rub the oiled paper towel on grill racks to coat lightly.
· Grill burgers over medium-high heat, covered, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until internal thermometer reads 160°.
· Serve on rolls with toppings.
Tip: Make sure once you put the burgers on the grill you never mash them.