Berries ain't just for Summertime!!
Updated: Mar 25, 2020
Lord Honey, Y'all don't have to wait for berries to be in season--for this "Fruity French Toast Stack." Most all grocery stores have fresh fruit year-round--or you can just grab some in the freezer section. Surprise your family and guests with a sweet and tart treat that'll have 'em smackin' their lips for more.
Fruity French Toast Stack
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
2-packs frozen french toast sticks
1-pack fresh blueberries
1-pack fresh black berries
1-pack fresh raspberries
1-pack fresh strawberries
Zest and juice from one orange
Sweetened whipped cream for garnish
· Preheat a waffle iron.
· Wash and drain the berries, make sure to cap and cut the strawberry in half, place in bowl.
· Add the orange juice, zest and honey to berries and toss to coat.
· Place 8 toast sticks in waffle maker and mash down, cook until light brown, remove and keep cooking the sticks until all is cooked.
· Place sticks on serving plates stacking them up, in a crisscross pattern.
· Spoon berries over top and garnish with whipped cream.
Tips: If you can’t find fresh berries use frozen but let them thaw first.