Bourbon-Bacon-Tater Chip Brownies
Lord Honey, y'all may think that some of your favorite guilty pleasures like chocolate, caramel, bourbon, bacon and tater chips can't get any better. Well just try my "Bourbon & Bacon Tater Chip Brownies" and I think y'all will agree that all those great tastes in a single bite takes guilty pleasures to another level.
Bourbon & Bacon Tater Chip Brownies
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
1-(18 oz) box brownie mix
½-cup canola oil
2-TBSP reserved bacon drippings
4-strips bacon, diced, cooked crispy, reserve drippins’
2-cups crushed plain tater chips, don’t crush real fine
4-chocolate caramel bars, chopped
Bourbon Caramel Sauce:
½-cup brown sugar
¼-cup heavy whipin’ cream
· Preheat oven to 350°, line a 9x13 cake pan with parchment paper, making sure it over hangs somewhat and spray with cooking spray.
· In a medium mixing bowl place the brownie mix, eggs, bourbon, oil, bacon drippins’, and vanilla, mix together, takes about 30 strokes.
· Fold in 1-cup tater chips and half the chopped chocolate bars.
· Pour into prepared cake pan, spread into a even layer.
· Sprinkle top with the rest of the tater chips, chocolate bars and the cooked bacon, making sure to get an even coat.
· Place in oven and bake for 20-25 mins.
· Meanwhile make the bourbon sauce by placing the brown sugar and butter in a sauce pan on medium heat, mix until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved, stir often and bring to a boil, let boil for 5 mins, add the bourbon, and cream, be careful it will bubble somewhat, stir to combine, remove from heat and add the vanilla.
· Once the brownies are baked, remove from oven and let cool completely, using the parchment remove from pan.
· Cut into squares and place on serving tray, drizzle with bourbon sauce and serve.
Tip: Anytime working with a bar, brownie or cake that needs to be taken out of pan before cutting, use parchment and let it over hang about 3 inches and this becomes your handles to pull cake out.