Lord Honey, y'all may think that some of your favorite guilty pleasures like chocolate, caramel, bourbon, bacon and tater chips can't get any better. Well just try my "Bourbon & Bacon Tater Chip Brownies" and I think y'all will agree that all those great tastes in a single bite takes guilty pleasures to another level.
Bourbon & Bacon Tater Chip Brownies
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
1-(18 oz) box brownie mix
½-cup canola oil
2-TBSP reserved bacon drippings
4-strips bacon, diced, cooked crispy, reserve drippins’
2-cups crushed plain tater chips, don’t crush real fine
4-chocolate caramel bars, chopped
Bourbon Caramel Sauce:
½-cup brown sugar
¼-cup heavy whipin’ cream
· Preheat oven to 350°, line a 9x13 cake pan with parchment paper, making sure it over hangs somewhat and spray with cooking spray.
· In a medium mixing bowl place the brownie mix, eggs, bourbon, oil, bacon drippins’, and vanilla, mix together, takes about 30 strokes.
· Fold in 1-cup tater chips and half the chopped chocolate bars.
· Pour into prepared cake pan, spread into a even layer.
· Sprinkle top with the rest of the tater chips, chocolate bars and the cooked bacon, making sure to get an even coat.
· Place in oven and bake for 20-25 mins.
· Meanwhile make the bourbon sauce by placing the brown sugar and butter in a sauce pan on medium heat, mix until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved, stir often and bring to a boil, let boil for 5 mins, add the bourbon, and cream, be careful it will bubble somewhat, stir to combine, remove from heat and add the vanilla.
· Once the brownies are baked, remove from oven and let cool completely, using the parchment remove from pan.
· Cut into squares and place on serving tray, drizzle with bourbon sauce and serve.
Tip: Anytime working with a bar, brownie or cake that needs to be taken out of pan before cutting, use parchment and let it over hang about 3 inches and this becomes your handles to pull cake out.