Cheesecake Met Pecan Pie--and they fell in love
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
Cheesecake and pecan pie are two desserts that's old as time, but what happens when they meet up in the same pan...….Lord Honey, it's a match made in Heaven!!!! That's what.
I have had several fans ask about putting these two together, and setting them up on a date wasn't an option. So I put my "Country Bling" mind to work--and this is the wonderful union I created.
"Crack-a-Lackin’ Pecan Pie Cheesecake"
I had people knockin' down the door to give this a try, and needless to say there wasn't a bite left. I can remember my very first pecan pie that my Aunt Jean taught me to make. It wasn't pretty but it sho' was tasty. The first cheesecake I ever made, I was a nervous wreck, but I pulled it off. "You will kick and cry like a kid when its gone."
Crack-a-Lackin’ Pecan Pie Cheese Cake
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
1-sleeve graham crackers
1-TBSP light brown sugar
½-cup butter, melted
Cheese Cake Filling:
24 ounces cream cheese, room temp
¼-cup sour cream
1 ½-cups white sugar
Pecan Pie Topping:
1-cup light brown sugar
1/3-cup corn syrup
1/3-cup heavy whopping cream
½-tsp ground ginger
1 ½-cup pecans, chopped
Pinch of Salt
· Preheat oven to 350, spray a 10inch spring form pan, wrap foil up around the sides, set in a slightly bigger baking dish and add water till its 2/3rds up side of spring form pan.
· In the food processor add the crust ingredients, except the butter, pulse till real fine like corn meal. Drizzle in the butter while pulsing.
· Place crust mix in pan and flatten out and push down, I use the back of a measuring cup.
· In a sauce pan add all the topping ingredients except the nuts and vanilla, bring to a boil and cook for 3 mins, stir in the pecans and vanilla, set a side.
· In the bowl of a stand mixer add the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla whip till fluffy, add the eggs and vanilla, whip till combined.
· Pour the cheese cake filling over crust layer.
· Top with pecan mix and spread out.
· Bake for 50-60 mins, the middle will still be slightly jiggly.
· Remove foil and let cool on counter for 2 hours, wrap with clear film and place in fridge over night.
· When ready to serve remove from pan.
Tip: You can drizzle bourbon caramel sauce over cheese cake when served if wish.