Chili, Chili, Chili Oh Yeah Baby!!!
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
Need a big bowl of comfort, well children you will find it with "Down Home Double Bean Chili" I can remember when I was a child that mom would fix chili from time to time cause my dad was kinda picky in his food choices, but he would always eat chili. One of his favorite chili recipes was made with deer meat. Dad and my uncles would all go hunting and we knew what the first dish was gonna be, Deer Chili !!!! Don't fret there ain't no deer in this recipe, just beef. Hope Y'all enjoy it. Check out the Grilled Pimento Cheese Corn Waffle recipe to serve with it.
Down Home Double Bean Chili
Jason Smith, FNS
1 Pound Ground Chuck 80/20
1-Medium White Onion, peeled and diced
3-Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
2- 15 ounce cans Crushed Tomatoes
1-15 ounce can Black Beans
1-15 ounce can Great Northern Beans
3-TBSP Chili Powder
1-tsp Ground Cumin (optional)
2-TBSP Dried Oregano or 3-TBSP Fresh Oregano, minced
1-tsp Ground Ginger
Salt and Pepper to taste
1-2 TBSP Honey
· Place ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large stock pot, over medium heat scramble beef until brown.
· Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, ginger and salt and pepper.
· Add crushed tomatoes, water and honey, stir to combine.
· Drain beans and place beans in chili.
· Cook on Low for 1 hour covered, then remove lid and cook for 30 mins.
· Serving suggestions: Crackers, Grilled Pimento corn waffle sandwich, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Green Onions, Tortilla Chips or just great on its own.