Lord Honey, ever'one knows that chocolate and mint make a perfect combination. Y'all know what I'm talkin' about--I mean who don't love those li'l Andes chocolate candies that some restaurants give you at the end of your meal. So it just seemed natural to take a fudgy chocolate brownie to the next level by slatherin' it with a creamy mint frostin'. I'm tellin' y'all that my "Choco-Mint Brownies" may become your new favorite chocolate-mint fix.
Jason Smith, FNS
1-box chewy fudge brownie mix
1/3-cup bourbon or water
Pinch of salt
2-cups of your favorite cream cheese frosting
¼-cup powdered sugar
1-2 drops green food color
2-tsp mint extract
Fresh mint leaves
· Preheat oven to 350°, spray or butter a 9x9 inch cake pan.
· In a bowl, mix together the brownie mix, eggs, bourbon, oil, vanilla and salt; mix until just combined, make sure to not over mix.
· Bake for 23-25 mins.
· Remove from oven and let cool.
· Meanwhile, make the frosting. Place the cream cheese frosting into a bowl and add the powdered sugar, food color and mint extract and mix until just combined.
· When the brownies are cool spread frosting over them evenly.
· Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Tip: You don’t have to use the food color in frosting, it just makes it festive.