Lord Honey, let me tell y'all, my "Chocolate Dream Custard Pie" is the li'l black dress of desserts--just the perfect go-to that works for any occassion. Whether it's a simple meal or a fanciful feast--this creamy, dreamy chocolate confection, topped with my "Championship 7-Minute Frostin" is without a doubt, dressed to impress.
Chocolate Dream Custard Pie
Jason Smith, FNS
Makes 1-Deep Dish or 2-Regular Pies
1-recipe of "Fail-Proof Flaky Pie Shell"
1-recipe of "Championship 7-Minute Frostin"
1/3-cup cocoa powder, unsweet
3-TBSP corn starch
· In a medium sauce pan, combine sugar, cocoa, corn starch and salt; whisk together.
· Add the milk and egg yolks and whisk to combine.
· Place over medium heat, whisk continuously, cook until thick, this takes a few minutes.
· Once thickened, remove from heat; whisk in the vanilla and butter.
- pour into pre-baked pie shells; place in refrigerator for at least two hours to set and cool.
· Remove pies from refrigerator top with "Championship 7-Minute Frosting" dividing evenly between pies; smooth out frosting; either place under broiler or use a kitchen torch to brown.
Tip: To make this coconut, leave out the cocoa powder and at end stir in ½-cup shredded sweetened coconut, for lemon, leave out the cocoa powder and add zest from one lemon and 2-TBSP lemon juice.