Updated: Mar 28, 2019
There are very few things in life when it comes to Pies that I would pick before Chocolate. I have found talking to many people that chocolate is one of the most popular flavors of cream pies when they are asked their favorite flavor. I know of one person that never has liked chocolate and that would be my Mom. She want eat it, she will make chocolate desserts, but don't ask her to eat it. She will probably kill me for telling that...LOL!! Chocolate is the one flavor that makes a lot of different emotions come out of people. It might make you Happy, Cry with Joy, Clap, Sing, Dance or even run around like a child again. My "Chocolate Fudge Pie" will make you do all those things at the same time. This is a riff on a very old Chocolate Silk recipe that I learned to make at a young age. I developed this recipe when I had to change my eating habits to lose some weight, but didn't want to give up my chocolate pie. You will find this recipe is Low Carb, and Sugar Free But don't let that steer you away. "It will make your tongue slap your brains out wanting more."
Chocolate Fudge Pie
Jason Smith, FNS
2-8oz Cream Cheese, Room Temp
3-cups Heavy Whipping Cream
2- 1.4oz Boxes Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding
1-Low Carb Pie Shell, see below
· Place the cream cheese in mixing bowl and whip until fluffy.
· Add the heavy cream and vanilla whip on low until combined then turn to high and whip for 3-4 mins.
· Mix the pudding in and whip to combined.
· Pour into the baked pie shell.
· Cover and place in fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
· Serve with whipped cream and chopped pecans.
Tip: You can also use a regular pie crust if you’d like.
Low Carb Pie Crust
Jason Smith, FNS
Makes one 8” crust
2-cup Almond Meal
5-TBSP Butter, Melted
2-TBSP Sugar Substitute (Your Choice, I use Splenda)
Pinch of Salt
· Preheat oven to 350, Spray a 8” pie plate.
· Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and still till combined.
· Pour into pie plate and press down and up the sides with fingers, Making sure the dough is the same thickness all over.
· Bake for 15 mins then fill with filling and bake accordingly for the filling. OR if using for
non-baked filling, let cool and fill with favorite fillings.
Tip: Make sure to butter or spray finger tips so the dough don’t stick to hand.
Here's a recent picture of me and my mom (Connie).