French Toast & Beyond--Oh Yeah!!!
Lord Honey, it's everything you like with your French toast--all in one big dish. There will be plenty for second servings when you make my "Berries & Cream French Toast Bake" Trust me--whoever fixes this is gonna be Momma's "pick of the litter"
Best Ever Stuffed French Toast Bake
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
1-Large french bread loaf
½-cup butter, melted
1-cup brown sugar
2- 8 ounces packs cream cheese, room temp
3-tsp lemon zest
1-pint strawberry, sliced
Favorite maple syrup
· Preheat oven to 350, spray a 9x13 baking dish.
· Slice bread into 1/2 inch slices, place half in the bottom of pan.
· In a bowl mix the butter, cinnamon, eggs, half&half, sugar, salt and vanilla together.
· Mix together the cream cheese, honey and lemon zest.
· Spread the cream cheese mixture over bottom layer of bread.
· Place the strawberries and blackberries over cream cheese layer, reserve a few of each for garnish.
· Place rest of bread on top, and pour the egg mix over, let stand for 20 mins.
· Place in oven and bake for 30-35 mins or until top is brown and no jiggle is let in egg mix.
· Remove from oven and let cool about 5 mins, top with maple syrup, garnish with reserved berries.
Tip: This can be made with any type of bread.