Glory Hallelujah, Peach it Sister!!
Updated: Mar 25
Lord Honey, I'm givin' y'all a dessert that'll tickle your tongue and taste buds with flavors, textures and hot & cold. I promise after y'all eat my "Glory Hallelujah Grilled Peaches" you'll wanna grill all your fruit before you eat it.
Glory Hallelujah Grilled Peaches
Jason Smith, FNS
2-TBSP butter, melted
¼-tsp ground ginger
Pinch of salt
½-cup walnuts, chopped
½-cup sliced almonds
¼-cup pecans, chopped
Vanilla ice cream for garnish
· Preheat oven to 350°
· Place the nuts on a sheet tray and toast in oven, this takes about 3-5 mins, watching closely not to burn.
· Wash the peaches, cut in half and take out seeds.
· In a mixing bowl mix together the honey, butter, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
· Brush glaze over cut side of peaches.
· Preheat grill to 400°
· Place the peaches cut side down on grill, brush glaze over the back sides of peaches.
· Grill for 5 mins per side.
· Place on serving tray and add scoops of your favorite vanilla ice cream.
· Sprinkle the nuts over top and drizzle with left over glaze.
Tip: This can be done with any stone fruit.