Goody, Goody It's Pie Time
Updated: Apr 24
Lord Honey, y'all wanna make friends fast? Well then just make a mess of my "Chocolate Bourbon Goody Pies." Make ever'one feel special with their very own personal pie full of chocolate, bourbon and pecans. Now, I can help y'all make friends with this sweet treat--but keepin' 'em is up to you.
Chocolate Bourbon Goody Pies
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
2-sheets prepared pie dough
¾-cup light brown sugar
3-TBSP corn starch
3-TBSP cocoa powder
1-cup evaporated milk
¾-cup half & half
1-cup pecans, chopped
1-TBSP light brown sugar
1-TBSP butter, melted
Whipped cream for garnish
· Preheat oven to 350°, grease 4 mini pie tins.
· Cut 4 rounds of dough that’s larger than the pie tins and place in each tin, using a fork prick the bottoms, place on baking sheet, bake for 20 mins or until golden brown.
· Remove and let cool.
· In a small sauce pan place the pecans, butter and sugar, cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved, divide between the 4 pie shells.
· Place the first 4 ingredients of the filling in a sauce pan and whisk together.
· Add next 4 ingredients and whisk until combined.
· On medium heat cook until thick, always stirring to make sure it doesn’t stick.
· Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and butter.
· Spoon the mixture over pecan layer, dividing equally between the mini pie shells.
· Place in fridge for 2 hours to set and cool.
· Garnish with whipped cream.
Tip: If you don’t like chocolate you can leave the cocoa powder out, or add ½-cup shredded coconut once pudding is cooked.