Updated: Mar 28, 2019
There comes a time in life you just need something Ooey, Gooey rich and sweet. Well Bless my soul you will find it with "Gooey Blondie Bars". From it's buttery flakey crumb, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, crunchy nuts and lets not forget that gooey texture. This recipe will flood all of your senses, Taste, Hearing, Sight, Smell and Touch. After taking that first bite you probably will not want to share them. It's one of those treats that makes ya want to hide in a dark room and savor every bite. Lets say its a "Rooster soaking in a long bath" kinda treat.
Gooey Blondie Bars #2
Jason Smith, FNS
1-Stick Butter, Room Temp
1-cup White Sugar
¼-cup Brown Sugar, Packed
2/3- cup Self Rising Flour
½- cup Chocolate Chips, Milk or Semi-Sweet
½- cup Peanut butter Chips
½-cup Walnuts, Chopped (optional)
· Preheat oven to 350, Line a 8x8 or 11x7 baking dish with parchment or wax paper and spray it.
· In mixing bowl cream the sugars and butter together.
· Add the vanilla and egg mix together.
· Mix in the flour just until combined.
· Stir in the Chips and nuts.
· Pour into pan, spread out.
· Bake for 35 – 42 mins or until they are set, depends on how gooey you like it and which size pan you use. They will be the texture of a brownie.
· Let cool and cut into squares.