Hey Punkin', Have Some Punkin'
Lord Honey, y'all are gonna have some really thankful guests when you serve them my "Festive-Fall Punkin' Bars." The perfect punkin' cake base with a confetti of nuts, dried cranberries and white chocolate morsels--put over the top with a maple bourbon glaze. Enjoy with your morning cup of coffee or make it the star of your dessert menu.
Fall-Fest Punkin’ Bars
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 9x13 pan
Ingredients: 1- box yellow cake mix
1-15oz can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
2-tsp pumpkin pie spice
1-cup pecans, chopped
1-cup dried cranberries, chopped
½-cup white chocolate chips
2-TBSP maple syrup
1-cup powder sugar
· Preheat oven to 350°, spray a 9x13 cake pan.
· In a mixing bowl place the first 5 ingredients and mix till combined.
· Still in half of the pecans and half of the cranberries.
· Pour into prepared baking pan and spread out.
· Sprinkle remaining pecans and cranberries.
· Dot the white chocolate chips over top.
· Bake for 25 mins.
· Remove and let cool for 30 mins.
· Place the glaze ingredients in a bowl and stir till no clumps of powder sugar remain.
· Cut bars into squares and place on a serving platter and drizzle with glaze.
Tip: This can be made with any nut of your choice.