Hey Sweetie, let's just stick together...
Updated: Mar 25, 2020
Lord Honey, get those kids up and at it and ready to start school, with this big ol' sticky bun. It's not just tasty, it's quick & easy too.
Quick 'n Easy Sticky Buns
Jason Smith, FNS
1-tube refrigerated thin pizza crust
2-apples, your choice
½-cup butter, divided
1-cup brown sugar, divided
3-tsp ground cinnamon
¼-cup raisins, golden or regular (optional)
· Preheat oven to 375°, spray a 9x13 baking dish.
· Peel apples and grate on a hand grater into a bowl.
· Stir in half the brown sugar and the cinnamon, set aside.
· Put half the butter in baking dish and put in oven just until the butter is melted.
· Remove the baking dish and sprinkle the rest of brown sugar over butter.
· Unroll the pizza dough and place on a large cutting board or a piece of wax paper and stretch it just a bit.
· Spread the apple sugar mix over dough.
· Dot the rest of the butter all over top of apple layer.
· Sprinkle the raisins over top, If using.
· Start to roll the dough up, from long side to long side, you will end up with what looks like a log.
· Slice roll into 12 pieces.
· Place on top of the brown sugar layer in baking dish, making sure the pinwheel side is facing up.
· Give a inch or so between each slice.
· Place in oven and bake for 25 mins.
· Remove and enjoy while hot.
Tip: These can be made ahead of time and frozen till ready to use, these are great for a back to school quick breakfast.