Lord Honey, My "Honey-Cream Fruit Salad" is the perfect combination of taste and texture--sweet, tart, creamy and crunchy. This light and refreshing salad is so versatile--it makes a great side for a spring buffet, a delightful dessert or a simple tasty treat anytime.
Honey-Cream Fruit Salad
Jason Smith, FNS
2-pounds seedless grapes, any color, or mixed
1 pound pack fresh strawberries
4 oz cream cheese, room temp
1-cup sour cream
2/3-cup pecans, chopped
8-10 of your favorite sugar cookie, homemade or store bought
· Wash and cut grapes in half lengthwise; wash, remove greens of strawberries and quarter; wash and keep blueberries whole.
· Place the grapes and berries in a bowl.
· In a mixing bowl whisk the cream cheese, sour cream, honey and vanilla until smooth.
· Pour over grapes and berries and fold gently to coat; pour into serving container; refrigerate overnight.
· Cube or crush the cookies and mix the pecans with cookies; put into container and store.
· Sprinkle cookie & nut mix over top of salad prior to serving.
Tip: Use berries and fruit of your choice in this recipe.