Lord Honey, y'all are gonna thank you've had a bite of sunshine when you taste the perfect combination of sweetness and citrus zing in my "Honey Lemon-Berry Tart" It's so light and refreshin'--it'll have y'all feelin' like a big ol' fluffy cloud floatin' on a breezy,
Honey Lemon-Berry Tart
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Makes 1 Large Tart
1-pint fresh blueberries or 2-cups frozen blueberries, thawed
1-tsp lemon juice
2-TBSP instant vanilla puddin' from a 3.4 ounce pgk
Lemon Sugar Cookie Crust
½-cup + 2-TBSP butter, room temp
½-cup white sugar
2-tsp lemon juice
1-cup all-purpose flour
Zest from 1 lemon
Honey Cream Filling
2-( 8 ounce ) pkg cream cheese, room temp
Remainder of the instant vanilla pudding
· Preheat oven to 350°, butter or spray a 10” tart pan.
· In a bowl place the blueberries, lemon juice and vanilla pudding, mix together, and set aside.
· Place the butter, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and cream together, for about 5 mins.
· Add the vanilla and lemon juice, mix in, add the flour and zest, mix until well combined.
· Place the dough into the tart pan and spread out and up the sides of pan; place in the fridge for 15 minutes
-Remove from fridge and place in oven and bake for 20-25 mins or until edges are brown.
· Remove from oven and using the bottom of a measuring cup or bottom of a glass, gently press the cookie down; set aside to cool completely or put in the fridge to cool faster.
· Place the cream cheese and honey into a mixing bowl and whip on high until fluffy.
· Add the milk and pudding, mix in well.
· Pour the cream filling into the cooled shell and smooth out.
· Spoon the blueberry mixture onto the cream filling and smooth out, leaving an inch of the filling showing all the way around the edge.
· Sprinkle top with more lemon zest if desired.
Tip: If you don’t have a tart pan you can make in a pie plate or a round cake pan.