Lord Honey, a li'l cayenne and a heart-shape will spice up your brownie and your love life--oh yeah, a drizzle of bourbon caramel sauce won't hurt either.
Hot Lovin' Brownie
w/ Bourbon Caramel Sauce
Jason Smith, FNS southerncountrybling.com
Bourbon Caramel Sauce
1-cup brown sugar, packed
pinch of salt
¼-cup heavy whipping cream
· In a medium sauce pan, place the butter, brown sugar and salt; bring to a boil, stirring often so it doesn't stick.
· When boiling, add the bourbon and cream, it will splatter a little so be careful, stir to combine, cook for another 2 mins.
· Remove from heat, add the vanilla and stir.
· Pour into a glass jar and let cool.
· Refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Hot Lovin' Brownies
½-cup butter, room temp
1-cup white sugar
¼-cup brown sugar, packed
2/3-cup unsweetened coco powder
½ -tsp cayenne pepper
½-cup all-purpose flour
· Preheat oven to 350, spray an 8x8 baking pan or heart shaped baking pan, set aside.
· In a mixing bowl, add butter, sugars, and vanilla and stir until creamy.
· Add the egg yolks and whole egg; stir to combine.
· Stir in the cocoa powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
· Add the flour and beat until well combined.
· Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 mins.
· Let cool, place on desired serving dish, dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with bourbon caramel sauce.